- To help students become an active participant for change in their world
- To provide access to the same opportunities that made us successful in I.T.
- To bring change, diversity, and inclusion to the global tech community
- To retool, redevelop, and redefine urban communities through opportunity
- Through a diverse focus, supporting students from across all demographics
- Techpreneurship, developing curriculum that encourages entrepreneurship
- Training based on real-world in-demand skills
- Curriculum developed using the A.D.D.I.E. Instructional Model and other Industry Standards
- Through Career Blueprinting & Coaching engagements
- Online On-demand Classrooms (Self-paced)
- Live Online Virtual Classrooms (Instructor-led)
- You become part of a close-knit Cohort Style Class
- Virtual Hands-on labs & Customized Practice Exams
- Project-based Model
- Team Capstone Projects
- Live Professor Office Hours
- Access courses Anywhere and from Any device
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information call 1-833-4Cohort
Do I need previous IT skills to join a cohort?
No, you do not. While having some IT background is beneficial the program is designed to take you from no-tech to market-ready tech skills.
How much does the training cost?
We have several programs and individual courses that range in price. If you were to pay out of pocket, your expenses can range anywhere from $699 to $9,800.
However, we have funding and scholarship pathways to assist students who do not have the means to pay out of pocket.
It is best to reach out to a career counselor to get an accurate assessment of your training costs: 833-4-COHORT.
How long is the cohort?
Some programs run 12- 16 weeks. We also have self-paced learning courses that run for 6 months.
Each course and program description will have detailed information about the length of the cohort.
How do I join a Kayalyst training cohort?
You can apply here and various places throughout our website or call one of our career advisors at 833-4-COHORT to get started.
The best approach is to call and schedule a time to attend a Journey Seminar, this is where we take a deep dive into the What, Where, When, Why and How of the Katalyst Journey.
How do I know if I am eligible for the program?
If you are 18 years or older, and have a high school diploma or GED, then you are eligible.
Where are your classes located?
Classes are offered online. We will continue to offer online classes and add classroom options based on city and state pandemic guidance with the safety of students and staff being our primary guiding factor.
We have two locations, a classroom on the South Side of Chicago (9948 S. Halsted St.) and a classroom in the South Suburbs (Country Club Hills)
Do you provide transportation?
No, we do not provide any transportation services. However, we are often able to procure transportation funds for students that qualify.
Do you offer other types of training beyond IT?
Yes, we offer Professional Automotive Career and Job Training at our sister school South Technical Center.
Call 773-233-3250 for more information.
Do you offer classes online or in person?
Our classes are offered Online, we have two types of online classes you can view the major differences below:
- On-demand virtual classroom
- Self-paced online class
- Live instructor office hours
- Lower costs
- Access on any device, anywhere there is internet
- Lower cost model
- Live virtual classroom
- Instructor-led virtual classroom
- (Same as in person but through Zoom)
- Standard weekly meeting times
- Online assignments
- Higher Cost Model